Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Progress! Update on Avatar

Few hours of tinkering and 100 or so more saved frames and I have not only recorded the process of going from nothing to my pixel art avatar, but have it animated. ^^ And I found a much better free gif maker.

Here is the image without animation.


With.


I'd still like to detail the plane, do a vapor trail, and of course get rid the numbers and palette on the side. But I wanted to be sure I could get it to animate. 



Thankfully this gif sit let's you upload three times the number of frames per gif. (when you see a name pop up on the screen that's just me giving a shout out to the individuals that gave me a hand in the forums with this. 





 




Faster makes the animation look smother.

 This is because of the number of frames Finding just the right number of frames for the speed you want to trick the viewer's mind into precieving the animation as continued motion is a science like cooking is a science, you tend to just go by your gut, sorta wing it.  


End of the day, While I'm really glad I got it to animate and that I've found a decent gif site, I don't think I'm going to use the animated final.
I'm still going to finish detailing it, and I've had a great time with the project, I just get the feeling the still allows the viewer a better look at the piece. The focus isn't pulled away with the movement. And once I've finished the plane maybe that'll change, who knows.

But until then, keep experimenting, goodnight, and good luck everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment