Wednesday, December 8, 2021

wing chun dummy 2



To continue my Kung fu training I'm building a second training dummy for the school, one much lighter than the first. In the back of this photo you can see the body of the dummy. The frame you can see lying on it's back, the bottom support will have triangular braces to the suspension post. 
The body of the dummy will have small tire act as a housing on the base and chain to suspend from the post that will mount to the base. Tentative design is to make a three or four part collapsible construct. 


The body will have 2 tire halfs on the opposite side of the dummy to both provide spring to the body when using the first wooden arm side; and when inverted provide a rubber spring striking surface. Other projects take priority as I'm on a time crunch to get more tooling made up to prep the barn and forge for winter. Keeping small projects updated here for posterity and to keep my phone memory.

Speaking of:
The first post I made on the construction of my first dummy was deleted, idk when, those photos are gone I'll rewrite some of that when I can if it becomes relevant. Otherwise I'll just take some more photos later

No comments:

Post a Comment