Sunday, December 19, 2021

Wooden dummy 3

The milkhouse at the barn is my cramped workspace. I'm unsure how the weight is going to suspend from the center support. If this support is insufficient I'll either make a box support the dummy fits similar to this base or make cross supports similar to more traditional models. 


The body and arms are their own tweaking challenge, the arms I'm repressing and modifying from my first dummy, the length of the arm base(as it fits in the body) has to stick out the other side of the wooden body by about 1/4 the length that fits in the body for the set pins to hold the arms in. When I was just practicing blocks on the arms the action was fine, if a bit loose from my inexperience, but lapsau or other trapping/ deflection/misdirection moves would shift the arms from their place. 

The action on the top arm moves in about a 1in or so extra inward because on the opposite inside corner I took about 1/4 inch more then I wanted it; but including the pins in the back should sure up some of the action.


No comments:

Post a Comment