Monday, January 4, 2016

Jam Log No.1

Jam Log No. 1
(apologies for the shotty video quality, grabbed the first free screen recorder I could find)

Note to self, do not save code unless you know it works. I have no idea what's going wrong with all that code I wrote up and saved the other night, I plugged it in and going through bit by bit worked out all the little mistakes, capital where there should be an under-case here, a misplaced bracket there.. ect. And each test seemed to work fine, it'd compile then tell me where there was an error. but as soon as I thought I had all that, having combed through all the additional code and fixed what I thought was the last error, the GameMaker runner hit a snag. As in, no code error, but the runner shuts down whenever I try to run the game. I don't know what I did. And I can't find what part of the code is responsible if it is that. So.. I started again. I have basic shooting and movement, along with basic "don't walk off the edge" a.i. for the enemy. Soon I'll be deviating from the tutorial, and the trial by fire will commence.

(little better grasp of the program now, mousepad is fickle but everything working smooth)

No comments:

Post a Comment